Who We Are
BYSS is a group of men and women who love to sing and long to serve others through music. The group is co-led by the Rev. Melissa T. Thomson, who is a UUCPA Community Minister and Hospital Chaplain, and singer-composer Matthew Rosin. Both are members of UUCPA.
- We meet on the first and third Wednesday of each month Sep-May, first Wednesday only Jun-Aug to practice the craft of pastoral singing.
- We take turns being sung to by the group, so we may open ourselves to the people we serve and learn to sing together in gentleness.
- We practice our repertoire of hymns and other songs.
- We talk about and learn from recent pastoral visits.
- We share and support each other in our own joys and sorrows.
We invite you to join us. You do not need to be a member of UUCPA’s Adult Choir to join. You need only bring your love of singing and serving others.
To learn more about joining BYSS, email the Rev. Melissa Thomson and Matthew Rosin at email@example.com.
Call For Us
If you are undergoing a trying time of illness, change, or transition, we welcome you to call on us, so we may help ease your burden and calm your spirit through gentle song.
To arrange a visit or ask any questions, email the Rev. Melissa Thomson and/o 0 r Matthew Rosin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UUCPA’s Caring Network (email@example.com) also helps to connect us with people in need.