Summer Ecojustice Camp was held at UUCPA June 11-15, 2018. Children and youth in grades TK through grade 8 participated
Our youngest group of campers, the Sea Otters (TK through grade 1)….
- Explored native plants with With Nancy Neff, native plant expert, and older campers.
- Made daily field trips to Mitchell Park.
- Investigated all things trees with Kris Geering on Tree Day.
- Sought out insects with Dave Joki on Bug Day.
- Made Bark rubbings
- Built Fairly houses
Our older campers (grades 2 through 8)…
- Made natural-dye tie-dye using redwood cones.
- Took a day trip to Ullstac Open Space Preserve in Santa Clara.
- Took a day trip Pescadero State Beach.
- Took an overnight camping trip to Sanborn County Park.
- Made Dream catchers
Check out the Ecojustice Camp website (ecojusticecamp.org) links below for more info and pictures…