Each month the Church supports a social justice organization by donating one Sunday’s plate
collection to the organization. The below slate of organizations was approved by the congregation at the UUCPA Annual Meeting on April 23, 2023.
This year the Action Council added a new partner, Onyxx Village Connection (OVC), to replace AbiityPath which is no longer supplying volunteers to the church.
OVC is a black-led organization that restores the dignity of underserved individuals and families by feeding the hungry, eliminating food waste, and connecting the community to resources that could improve the quality of their lives.
2023-2024 Justice Partners:
- Outlet – May
- Ada’s Café – June
- American Muslim Voice (AMV) – July
- California Interfaith Power and Light (CIPL) – August
- Hotel de Zink – September
- South Bay Sanctuary Covenant (SBSC) – October
- Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity (IM4HI) – November
- Acterra – December
- Onyxx Village Connection (OVC) (new partner) – January
- Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ) – February
- Heart and Home (H+H) – March
- Community Health Awareness Council (CHAC) – April
If you have feedback or questions on this Justice Partner slate, please email email@example.com, or talk to one of the members of the Action Council: Sally Ahnger (Justice Partner Coordinator), Chris Cassell, Sean Hansen, Kristi Iverson (Chair), Edie Keating, Karen Skold