There is a new Mahjong Games group meeting on 1st Sundays starting in January, 2020 at UUCPA.
Come one, come all, no experience necessary. Mahjong is not just a game of concentration you play online. Come learn how to play this gin rummy-like game, with tiles of three suits.
For these monthly meetings, we will:
- Learn about the tiles and the game (or refresh your skills). • Divide up into three tables and play a series of games.
- There will be a ‘winners’ table, a ‘wannabees’ table and a ‘whin- ers’ table. We switch tables after each game, depending on how you do.
- Learn how to score, win, and earn chips.
- Although no money will change hands, each player will start with $1 in chips. Winners will leave with more than $1; Losers will leave with less than $1. There will be no prizes – only brag- ging rights!
- Have fun, meet new people and read the digits from 1 – 9 in Chinese.
Snacks will be provided from 12:45 to 1pm.
- First Sundays every month
- 12:45 to 3 pm
- Room 4/5
- Facilitator and contact is Linda Holroyd (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Registration: email@example.com (limit 16 people)