We recently received the following request for co-sponsorship from the Palo Alto League of Women Voters. As noted below, co-sponsorship does not involve a financial contribution. The Action Council has approved this request and the Board will be considering the request at its August 27 meeting. If you have any concerns about UUCPA’s endorsement of this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com no later than Monday, August 26.
The Palo Alto League of Women Voters would be honored and delighted if the Unitarian Universalist Church of Palo Alto would be a co-sponsor for our Fall LWVPA Kickoff Event: ‘Goodbye Precincts, Hello Easy Voting: The Voter’s Choice Act.’ This event features a speaker from the Registrar of Voters explaining the Voter’s Choice Act (VCA), which goes into effect with the March 2020 primary. Because the VCA will change how many people cast their vote, we want to take this opportunity to educate voters across the community about how VCA might affect them.
- When: Thursday, September 26, 7 pm to 8:30 pm
- Who: Rachel H. Jung, election specialist and VCA/Outreach Coordinator, Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters
- What: ‘Goodbye Precincts, Hello Easy Voting: The Voter’s Choice Act’
- Where: First Congregational Church of Palo Alto, 1985 Louis Road, PA
- Register: Eventbrite Link will be supplied if you want to co-sponsor and for publicity
*Free and open to all*
Your only responsibility as a co-sponsor is to publicize this event and encourage your members to attend. We can then add you to our list of co-sponsors for publicity. Even if you cannot be a co-sponsor, please publicize this event to your members and encourage them to attend.”