Every year UUCPA collects NEW underwear, socks, gloves, and such for the Opportunity Center’s Holiday Shoppe. Even in the middle of a pandemic, there are still people without stable housing, and they still need underwear, among other things. This year Undie Sunday will run from Nov 17 to Dec 5, 2021.
Undie Sunday pandemic style 2.0:
How does Undie Sunday work this year? The Action Council is providing lots of options!
Undie Sunday contributions will be made online, via postal mail (for donations by check) or physically dropped off at Sally Ahnger’s house this year.
Requested items from the Opportunity Center:
- Sleeping bags
- Undergarments (underwear, socks for men or women)
- Warm coats/Heavy hoodies (adult sizes)
- Wool hats/beanies
- Winter gloves/scarves
- Backpacks, umbrellas, rains coats/ponchos
- Gift cards of $10 or $20 value for Safeway, Target, McDonald’s, or a gas station
Physical items including gift cards:
- Life Moves has created an Amazon Wish List you can access (please use Amazon Smile UUCPA when purchasing items) or you can buy on your own from any vendor using the list above.
- If you can order items online, please have them delivered to Sally’s address* (NOT to the church).
- You can drop items off in the barrel on Sally’s front porch in Mountain View (NOT to the church) starting Nov 17.
- Scroll down to locate Sally’s address
Any checks or online donations will be used to purchase the requested items listed above:
- You can mail a check payable to UUCPA with “Undie Sunday” in the memo line to the church. Please be sure your checks arrive at the church no later than Monday, December 6th!
- You can make an online donation here:
The church address is 505 E Charleston Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94306.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Sally Ahnger at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thanks in advance for your contributions, The Action Council (Sally Ahnger, Chris Cassell, Sean Hansen, Kristi Iverson, Chris Kan, Edie Keating, Tina Kochel, Jessica Martin, Karen Skold)
*If you order online and include a gift note with your name on it, Sally will let you know that it has arrived.