• Resisting xenophobic and Islamophobic policies and discourse at the local and national level
• Advocating to end family detention for asylum-seeking Central American mothers and children
• Pressing for aid accountability in the international response to Hurricane Matthew in Haiti
• Supporting a more welcoming environment for Syrian and other refugees by influencing legislation at the federal, state, and local levels
• Leading a national Refugee Rapid Response Network for activists committed to welcoming refugees
• Calling for sanctuary and solidarity policies that make local communities safe havens for undocumented, Black, and Muslim people and others at particular risk from escalating populism, demagoguery, and scapegoating in the U.S.
To read more about UUSC, see uusc.org.