The UU Justice Ministry of California is proud to present its eighth Intergenerational Justice Summit, “Turning the Tides” (formerly known as “Walking the Walk”). This year’s “Turning the Tides” online justice summit will run from August 24, 2020 thru August 29, 2020. Each day of our online program will feature at least two programs/workshops/actions and will be recorded for later viewing unless otherwise noted in the description. Additional opportunities to gather in virtual community based on cluster/location & justice issue areas will also be provided based on the interest of registered attendees.
Programming at this year’s Turning the Tides online will include:
- Workshops with our California partners to help you UU the Vote this year
- Faith-rooted training on being accountable accomplices for collective liberation
- Training for Non-Violent Direct Action Efforts for Racial Justice
- Spaces to connect & build virtual community with other justice makers in your part of the state
- “Lunchtimes for Liberation” each day of the week – one-hour long online action parties so you can help create collective liberation while on your lunch break
- And more!
Justice-seeking UUs of all ages are invited to register for this FREE multi-day offering of webinars, workshops, worships, and justice collectives as we continue to adapt our lives for organizing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Offerings will be spread throughout the week of August 24 to 29 (Monday thru Saturday), and will be recorded for distribution to registered “attendees.” For more information and registration details see this link.