OWL Grades 7-9
Date(s) - 11/29/2020
3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Our Whole Lives (OWL) is a series of comprehensive and age-appropriate sexuality education curricula, developed jointly by the Unitarian Universalist Association and United Church of Christ, for six age groups: grades K-2, grades 4-6, grades 7-9, grades 10-12, young adults, and adults.
This class, for youth in grades 7-9 runs weekly on Sunday afternoons from October 25 through January 17 (skipping December 27).
To participate in this program, you must have pre-registered and have a completed release form on file. No drop-ins.
For more information: https://www.uucpa.org/learning/our-whole-lives-owl/
OWL 7-9 Meeting Dates 2020-2021:
- Oct. 25 Review and check-in
- Nov. 1 Workshop 15: Bullying and Bystander Responsibilities
- Nov. 8 Workshop 16: Redefining Abstinence
- Nov. 15 Workshop 17: Lovemaking (slides)
- Nov. 22 Workshop 18: Consent Education
- Nov. 29 Workshop 19: Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Dec. 6 Workshop 20: Pregnancy, Parenting, and Teen Parenting
- Dec. 13 Workshop 21: Unintended Pregnancy Options
- Dec. 20 Workshop 22: Contraception and Safer Sex
- Jan. 3 Workshop 23: Sexual Decision Making
- Jan. 10 Workshop 24: Communicating with a Sexual Partner
- Jan. 17 Workshop 25: Self Care, Celebration, and Closure