Congregants join and work together on many committees and ministries. There are opportunities for you to develop your gifts, make friends, and serve our community. Talk to Rev. Amy about your gifts and passions and how they might help UUCPA thrive, and we’ll find the right match for you!
Here is a non-exhaustive sampling:
- Building and Grounds Committee– Oversees maintenance, repair, and renovations of the facility including development of an annual maintenance plan, landscape planning, and maintenance of grounds
- Adult Religious Education Committee – Offers classes for adults of all ages throughout the year.
- Canvass Team – Coordinates our annual Fundraising Drive
- Children and Youth Religious Education Committee – Assists and promotes the RE program.
- Music Committee – Plans and implements activities that support our Music Program (Adult Choir, Kids’ Choir, etc.)
- Finance Committee – Recommend financial policies and practices for the congregation
- Green Sanctuary Committee – Engages congregants in issues of environmental concern.
- Library Committee – Manages the church library.
- Membership and Growth Committee – Coordinates our ministry of welcoming newcomers and visitors
- Pastoral Associates – Comforts and connects with congregants in times of great joy and sorrow
- Religious Education Teams (teachers, assistants) – Implements UUCPA’s Religious Education for young people of all ages throughout the year.
- Ushers – Distribute Orders of Service on Sunday mornings and collect the offering
- Web Committee – Supports the website, improves our use of technology, maintains the congregational archives
- Worship Associates – trained lay leaders and assistants of our Sunday morning worship services