Due to COVID-19, the UUCPA campus is currently closed to visitors and in-person events. But there are still many ways to get to know us and to participate in community life. Read on!
Your liberal religious home
Are you looking for a community where:
- People affirm the integrity of each person’s spiritual journey?
- Members work towards a fair and just society?
- You can join a supportive community for all ages?
- Your beliefs and doubts about life’s big questions are welcome?
If this sounds like a congregation for you, please be our guest for the next online service. The Unitarian Universalist Church of Palo Alto (UUCPA) has Sunday services at 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m during the school year and at 10:30 a.m. in the summer.
When held on campus, child care and play space are available for both services. Sunday school for children and youth is held during the 9:30 service only. Religious education classes (now online) are held for people of all ages throughout the week.
You are welcome here
- Joining us for worship? Learn about what to expect in our thought-provoking and beautiful worship services.
- Interested in our programs for children and youth? Explore our transformative workshops and groups, nursery through high school.
- Wanting to find community? Check out our events listing and connections pages to find ways to connect.
We invite you to explore our website and learn about our congregation. If you would like someone to contact you, please complete the Connect with UUCPA form. We’ll follow up to answer questions and suggest programs that align with your interests. We look forward to getting to know you!
Events for Newcomers
Please join us for the online Discovering UUCPA class! Once we re-open for in-person events, we’ll resume alternating the class with Newcomer Lunches. No registration is required, just drop in. For more information on events for newcomers, please contact the church office at 650-494-0541 or email@example.com.
When: Second Sundays other month from 1-2pm
Where: Zoom online meeting (select event date below for link)
Led by: Rev. Amy Zucker Morgenstern, Parish Minister
Are you a “new UU”? Considering it? Or well-acquainted with Unitarian Universalism, but new to UUCPA? This class is offered to answer your questions and help you find your place in the life of the congregation.
Each session is on a second Sunday, following a break for lunch after the morning service.
* share the spiritual explorations that have brought us to this point;
* get to know other newcomers and the parish minister;
* learn how Unitarian Universalism and this congregation came to be;
* get a tour of the nooks and crannies of the UUCPA campus (when it reopens); and
* ask every question that’s on our minds — and even get the answers.
Upcoming Discovering UUCPA classes
PLEASE NOTE: Newcomer’s Lunches have been suspended until the church reopens for in-person events. Please join us for the online Discovering UUCPA class instead!
Led by: Pamela Schure, Membership & Growth Committee chair
Are you a newcomer to UUCPA? If so, please come to this pizza and salad lunch. All newcomers are invited to enjoy a free lunch and friendly conversation. (UUCPA members, sorry, this one isn’t for you; we’ll see you at the 2nd Sunday Lunches and 4th Sunday Brunches.)
Upcoming Newcomers’ Lunches:Nothing scheduled at this time.
What people say about UUCPA
- I love being part of this community — there is so much ability here, and so much sharing.Read more
- I found several things at UUCPA: connections between people who obviously cared about each other (many for decades), moments of peace and contemplation without judgment, stimulation of new ideas and different perspectives, joy at the gifts we give and receive, and hope for a better world and a better tomorrow.Read more