Peace, Justice, and Sustainability
Unitarian Universalism is a justice-centered religion. We continue our tradition of conscience and action guided by our Action Council.
UUCPA Action Council
- The mission of the UUCPA Action Council is to empower the congregation to take action for social and environmental justice in the larger community, in accordance with our Unitarian Universalist principles and our congregational commitment to transforming ourselves, each other, and the world.
- We have been affirmed as a Welcoming Congregation by the UUA.
- UUCPA is accredited by the UUA as a Green Sanctuary Congregation.
Each month the Church supports a Justice Partner by donating one offering per month of non-pledge offerings at the Sunday services. Justice Partners are proposed for each year via the Action Council and approved by the Congregation at each year’s Annual Meeting in April.
This Month’s Justice Partner
The Justice Partner for April is Acterra.
Acterra is an organization based in Palo Alto that brings people together to create local solutions for a healthy planet. Current projects serve everyone on the Peninsula through ride & drive events, green at home programs, local environment restoration and maintenance, green business awards programs, lecture series, and other actions. Website: https://www.acterra.org/.
- Board Approves Sponsorship of 2020 Multifaith Seder (now canceled)
- Special Day @ UUCPA for UU the Vote – March 1, 2020
- Heart & Home Women’s Shelter Returns to UUCPA – Volunteers appreciated!
- #UUtheVote – New Partner Orgs, Upcoming Events
- Notice of Request for Co-Sponsorship of Multifaith Seder
- Nominations Open for 2020-21 Justice Partners