Peace, Justice, and Sustainability
Unitarian Universalism is a justice-centered religion. We continue our tradition of conscience and action guided by our Action Council.
UUCPA Action Council
- The mission of the UUCPA Action Council is to empower the congregation to take action for social and environmental justice in the larger community, in accordance with our Unitarian Universalist principles and our congregational commitment to transforming ourselves, each other, and the world.
- We have been affirmed as a Welcoming Congregation by the UUA.
- UUCPA is accredited by the UUA as a Green Sanctuary Congregation.
This Month’s Justice Partner
The Justice Partner for April is Acterra.
Acterra is an organization based in Palo Alto that brings people together to create local solutions for a healthy planet. Current projects serve everyone on the Peninsula through ride & drive events, green at home programs, local environment restoration and maintenance, green business awards programs, lecture series, and other actions. https://www.acterra.org/
Service Project News
- Heart and Home Women’s Shelter Coming to UUCPA Feb 24-Apr 7
- Thanks For A Successful Guest At Your Table Program
- 2018 Undie Sunday Donations to Life Moves