Peace, Justice, and Sustainability
Unitarian Universalism is a justice-centered religion. We continue our tradition of conscience and action guided by our Action Council.
UUCPA Action Council
- The mission of the UUCPA Action Council is to empower the congregation to take action for social and environmental justice in the larger community, in accordance with our Unitarian Universalist principles and our congregational commitment to transforming ourselves, each other, and the world.
- We have been affirmed as a Welcoming Congregation by the UUA.
- UUCPA is accredited by the UUA as a Green Sanctuary Congregation.
Each month the Church supports a Justice Partner by donating one offering per month of non-pledge offerings at the Sunday services. Justice Partners are proposed for each year via the Action Council and approved by the Congregation at each year’s Annual Meeting in April.
The church also supports LifeMoves, an organization dedicated to finding solutions to homelessness in Silicon Valley, by donating the entire Christmas Eve service(s) collection to them.
This Month’s Justice Partner
The Justice Partner for December is Acterra.
Acterra is an organization based in Palo Alto that brings people together to create local solutions for a healthy planet. Current projects serve everyone on the Peninsula through ride & drive events, green at home programs, local environment restoration and maintenance, green business awards programs, lecture series, and other actions. Website: https://www.acterra.org/.
- Update on holiday craft kits for LifeMoves
- Could UUCPA Work with IM4HI to Support Refugees?
- Action Council Joins Palo Alto Forward Letter to Palo Alto City Council
- Vigil for Peace in the Middle East – Nov 11 in Palo Alto
- A Palo Alto Conversation About Just Action – Nov 15 in Palo Alto
- Celebrate South Bay Sanctuary Covenant on Oct 29!
- Multifaith Voices for Peace and Justice – Parents Circle Families Forum – Oct 24
- You Are Invited! Housing Segregation Book Talk, Oct 26 in San Mateo