Peace, Justice, and Sustainability
Unitarian Universalism is a justice-centered religion. We continue our tradition of conscience and action guided by our Action Council.
UUCPA Action Council
- The mission of the UUCPA Action Council is to empower the congregation to take action for social and environmental justice in the larger community, in accordance with our Unitarian Universalist principles and our congregational commitment to transforming ourselves, each other, and the world.
- We have been affirmed as a Welcoming Congregation by the UUA.
- UUCPA is accredited by the UUA as a Green Sanctuary Congregation.
Each month the Church supports a Justice Partner by donating one offering per month of non-pledge offerings at the Sunday services. Justice Partners are proposed for each year via the Action Council and approved by the Congregation at each year’s Annual Meeting in April.
The church also supports LifeMoves, an organization dedicated to finding solutions to homelessness in Silicon Valley, by donating the entire Christmas Eve service(s) collection to them.
This Month’s Justice Partner
The Justice Partner for October is South Bay Sanctuary Covenant.
SBSC is an interfaith, non-partisan organization of churches and individuals in the Bay Area. The group is concerned with peace, justice and liberation for the people of Central America and for the refugees who have fled these areas.
- A few spaces are still available: Save the Bay Project for UUCPA on October 23
- The Hotel de Zink Homeless Shelter at UUCPA during the month of Sept 2021
- Safe Parking Permit Approved – Operations Start Mid-Late October
- Miss the deadline for Beloved Conversations? No, you didn’t!
- Toward collective liberation
- Showing up for love, light and justice, Sunday August 29
- Safe Parking Q&A Session on Sunday August 22
- August 24 Dismantling White Supremacy Session Coming Up!