Peace, Justice, and Sustainability
Unitarian Universalism is a justice-centered religion. We continue our tradition of conscience and action guided by our Action Council.
UUCPA Action Council
- The mission of the UUCPA Action Council is to empower the congregation to take action for social and environmental justice in the larger community, in accordance with our Unitarian Universalist principles and our congregational commitment to transforming ourselves, each other, and the world.
- We have been affirmed as a Welcoming Congregation by the UUA.
- UUCPA is accredited by the UUA as a Green Sanctuary Congregation.
Each month the Church supports a Justice Partner by donating one offering per month of non-pledge offerings at the Sunday services. Justice Partners are proposed for each year via the Action Council and approved by the Congregation at each year’s Annual Meeting in April.
This Month’s Justice Partner
The Justice Partner for September is Hotel de Zink.
Hotel de Zink, a rotating church shelter program run by InnVision, is hosted by UUCPA during September. We offer breakfast, bag lunch, dinner, and a place to sleep for 10 – 15 homeless community members. We recruit volunteers to provide dinner each night as well as funds to cover costs for breakfast and lunch food and supplies.
- September UU the Vote Update
- White Folks Dismantling White Supremacy – Sept 22 @ 7:15 pm
- Fair-Trade Chocolate is BYO
- Dinners needed for 2 more dates for the Hotel de Zink Homeless Shelter at UUCPA – Sept 2020
- The Hotel de Zink Homeless Shelter at UUCPA during the month of September – dinners needed
- Weekly UU-the-Vote Events with UUCPA
- UU Justice Ministry of California’s Annual Conference (Aug 24 – 29, 2020) Open for Registration
- New Virtual Reclaim Our Vote Events
- Get-Out-the-Vote Virtual Letter Parties