Peace, Justice, and Sustainability
Unitarian Universalism is a justice-centered religion. We continue our tradition of conscience and action guided by our Action Council.
UUCPA Action Council
- The mission of the UUCPA Action Council is to empower the congregation to take action for social and environmental justice in the larger community, in accordance with our Unitarian Universalist principles and our congregational commitment to transforming ourselves, each other, and the world.
- We have been affirmed as a Welcoming Congregation by the UUA.
- UUCPA is accredited by the UUA as a Green Sanctuary Congregation.
Each month the Church supports a Justice Partner by donating one offering per month of non-pledge offerings at the Sunday services. Justice Partners are proposed for each year via the Action Council and approved by the Congregation at each year’s Annual Meeting in April.
This Month’s Justice Partner
The Justice Partner for October is South Bay Sanctuary Covenant.
SBSC is an interfaith, non-partisan organization of churches and individuals in the Bay Area. The group is concerned with peace, justice and liberation for the people of Central America and for the refugees who have fled these areas.
- Candy Should Be Sweet, Not Bitter • Buy Fair-Trade Chocolate
- New UUCPA Justice Project Approved – Reclaim Our Vote
- UUCPA at the 2019 Climate Strike
- UUCPA Endorsement And Banner Use Requests Approved in 2019
- How Can I Get Involved In A UUCPA Justice Project?
- UUCPA Members attend 2019 Silicon Valley Pride Parade
- UUCPA Banner Use Approved for Climate Strike Events
- Notification of Endorsement/Co-Hosting Approval for 9/11 Peace Picnic and Prayers
- Notification of Request for Co-Sponsorship of League of Women Voters Event