Peace, Justice, and Sustainability
Unitarian Universalism is a justice-centered religion. We continue our tradition of conscience and action guided by our Action Council.
UUCPA Action Council
- The mission of the UUCPA Action Council is to empower the congregation to take action for social and environmental justice in the larger community, in accordance with our Unitarian Universalist principles and our congregational commitment to transforming ourselves, each other, and the world.
- We have been affirmed as a Welcoming Congregation by the UUA.
- UUCPA is accredited by the UUA as a Green Sanctuary Congregation.
Each month the Church supports a Justice Partner by donating one offering per month of non-pledge offerings at the Sunday services. Justice Partners are proposed for each year via the Action Council and approved by the Congregation at each year’s Annual Meeting in April.
This Month’s Justice Partner
The Justice Partner for November is American Muslim Voice (AMV).
AMV is local grassroots, nonviolent, inclusive, civil, immigrant and human rights organization. AMV hosts open houses, peace picnics and peace conventions annually to unite neighbors and strangers alike, including the popular EID celebrations. They also provide the Muslim perspective through teach-in opportunities at schools, colleges, universities, places of worship, and peace conventions. Website: https://www.amuslimvoice.org/.
- Undie Sundays – Donations requested Nov 24 through Dec 8
- Announcing New Interim Housing Community in Mountain View
- UU the Vote by phone banking with UUCPA!
- Environmental blog gives a shout-out to UUCPA
- Give the climate a seat at the table
- Let’s UU the Vote in the Final Weeks!
- League of Women Voters 2020 California Ballot Proposition Sessions