Peace, Justice, and Sustainability
Unitarian Universalism is a justice-centered religion. We continue our tradition of conscience and action guided by our Action Council.
UUCPA Action Council
- The mission of the UUCPA Action Council is to empower the congregation to take action for social and environmental justice in the larger community, in accordance with our Unitarian Universalist principles and our congregational commitment to transforming ourselves, each other, and the world.
- We have been affirmed as a Welcoming Congregation by the UUA.
- UUCPA is accredited by the UUA as a Green Sanctuary Congregation.
Each month the Church supports a Justice Partner by donating one offering per month of non-pledge offerings at the Sunday services. Justice Partners are proposed for each year via the Action Council and approved by the Congregation at each year’s Annual Meeting in April.
The church also supports LifeMoves, an organization dedicated to finding solutions to homelessness in Silicon Valley, by donating the entire Christmas Eve service(s) collection to them.
This Month’s Justice Partner
The Justice Partner for July is Outlet, a program of Adolescent Counseling Service (ACS).
Outlet is a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Questioning (LGBTQQ) Youth organization based in Mountain View. As the Peninsula’s only comprehensive LGBTQQ youth organization, it provides services to youth and adults who work with youth, including bilingual Spanish services. Website: http://www.acs-teens.org/what-we-do/outlet/
- Announcing UUCPA’s UU the Vote for 2022
- New Action Council Endorsements
- LifeMoves update from UUCPA liaison Brian Weller
- Notification of “Move to Amend” (HJR48) Endorsement
- New, more inclusive rainbow flag now showing UUCPA’s pride
- Take Action for Ukraine Sunday, May 15
- May Justice Partner – American Muslim Voice