Sacred Text Reading Group
Date(s) - 10/17/2020
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
A weekly online sacred text reading group with Reverend Amy
Using a spiritual-practice approach, in each session we will explore a different brief scriptural text in depth. The aims of the sessions are educational (learning something about the texts and traditions), spiritual/moral (discovering what the texts ask of us), and community-building (getting to know each other better). I’ll have a version of the text available to share; “bring” your own if you like. All are welcome, as are your suggestions of future texts.
On Saturday, October 17, we dip into Confucius again. This is 4.17 of the Analects.
The Master said: “When you see a good person, think of becoming like her/him. When you see someone not so good, reflect on your own weak points.” (Translated by A. Charles Muller)
Confucius said, “When you see a good person, think of becoming their equal. When you see someone who is not worthy, turn back and look at yourself.” (Ruist Association of America, Inc.)
The Master said, “When we see men of worth, we should think of equalling them; when we see men of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves.” (James Legge)
How to join:
- Join this class from your Web browser: https://zoom.us/j/578882781
- Join this class using the Zoom app: Meeting ID: 578 882 781
- Join this class by phone: 669 900 9128 US (San Jose), Meeting ID: 578 882 781
- Join this class by on-tap on mobile phones: +16699009128,,578882781# US (San Jose)
- Phoning in, but not in the bay area? Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abL8clvIYT