Sacred Text Reading Group (Wed.)
Date(s) - 11/23/2022
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
A twice-weekly online sacred text reading group. We meet on Saturdays, 4-5, and on Wednesdays, 12-1. All are wide open and you are welcome! Please note that the Zoom room now requires a password, so please drop an e-mail to email@example.com to express interest.
Using a spiritual-practice approach, in each session we will explore a different brief scriptural text in depth. The aims of the sessions are educational (learning something about the texts and traditions), spiritual/moral (discovering what the texts ask of us), and community-building (getting to know each other better). Our practice usually follows this version of Lectio Divina.
Amy will have a version of the text available to share; “bring” your own if you like. All are welcome, as are your suggestions of future texts. Group members also take turns facilitating, if they want to try that role.
Our reading for Wednesday, November 23, 2022, is from the English mystic and anchorite Julian of Norwich, c. 1343-after 1416:
If there be anywhere on earth a lover of God who is always kept safe, I know nothing of it, for it was not shown to me. But this was shown: that in falling and rising again we are always kept in that same precious love.
For check-in / getting-acquainted time, and for those who are new and want a brief orientation to the practice, the room will be open ten minutes before and ten minutes after the session.
How to join: First, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, since you will need a password. Then:
- Join this class from your Web browser: https://zoom.us/meeting/96865808923
- Join this class using the Zoom app: Meeting ID: 968 6580 8923
- Join this class by phone: +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) Meeting ID: 968 6580 8923
- Join this class by one-tap on mobile phones: +16699006833,,96865808923# (San Jose)
- Phoning in, but not in the Bay Area? Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abL8clvIYT