Good news: volunteers are looking for you too. People who come to UUCPA want to find ways to connect with other people, use their gifts, and serve their community, and they need help finding the right fit.
Your activity, program, or committee is the right fit for someone. So you need a table at the Volunteer Fair! The fair will be set up on the main patio and the grassy area (Peace Pole lawn) on Sunday, October 2, from 10:30-1.
We will provide:
- A table covered with an attractive tablecloth
- An attractive, festive sign
- Training Data entry of all information you gather
- Follow up with you: the “now what?” after the event
- Greet inquirers and answer their questions
- Take down their names & interests and turn the information in for data entry
- Arrive by 10:15 to set up
- Have someone at your table from 10:30 to 1. (We fully expect a lull once the second service begins, but many inquirers who arrive before then may want to stay past 11, and that’s good.)
We also recommend you provide a bowl of snacks, and whatever else will make your table interesting and attractive.
We strongly recommend coming to one of our trainings, online on Wednesday, September 21 at 7:30, or in person on Sunday, September 25 at 12:30. We have useful tips that will help you recruit effective volunteers., and we want you to be a success.
Please use this form by September 18 to let us know you need a table, and we’ll get right back to you with everything you need to have a great Volunteer Fair. You might even win a prize! (Busiest table . . . best snacks . . . friendliest welcome . . . so many possibilities.)
Thanks for all you do for UUCPA!
Amy & Cat