Why does UUCPA exist in the world?
Many of us often say that we come to UUCPA for the community, but community is also available in many other places. Why do we feel called continuously back to UUCPA in particular?
To talk about these questions, UUCPA’s Mission Task Force is hosting three Mission Conversations in October, and we hope you will attend one of them!
To talk about these questions, UUCPA’s Mission Task Force is hosting two more Mission Conversations!
- In-person: Sunday, October 23, during Fourth Sunday Brunch, 10:30–11:00am. Let’s talk over waffles! Task Force members will be seated at different tables, and we invite you to join us for conversation! We especially welcome parents, young adults, and youth to talk with us at this event!
- Online: Monday, October 24, on Zoom, 8:00–9:00pm. For this event, we especially welcome all who attend UUCPA services and classes primarily online, as well as parents, young adults, youth, and anyone for whom online in the evening works best!
- The Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84523750014?pwd=Tm9yTDdlK1BtZ1FxT2hFYWYwUFgxdz09 (Meeting ID: 845 2375 0014; Passcode: 651748)
Your ideas and perspectives will directly inform the Task Force’s efforts to clarify UUCPA’s mission and, eventually, draft a new mission statement. And the conversations are a wonderful chance to learn what others in our church hold dear about our community!
In the meantime:
- If you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to fill out our brief, anonymous survey, where you can reflect on the values and goals of our gathering together at UUCPA and select those that resonate most deeply for you. You can also offer comments or feedback about anything we’ve missed. Click here: https://forms.gle/
- If you have any questions or concerns about the Mission Conversations or the survey, please email Task Force member Edward Haertel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, thank you to everyone who attended last Sunday’s Mission Conversation during Second Sunday Lunch! Our conversations about UUCPA’s mission and why we gather together were deep and meaningful.
Thank you for adding your voice to the conversation.
Gratefully, and in solidarity,
The UUCPA Mission Task Force
- Marilyn Austin, Task Force Chair
- Brooke Bishara, President, UUCPA Board of Trustees
- Edward Haertel
- Christopher Kan
- Matthew Rosin