Our service on Sunday, February 21, was this service from Side With Love. In addition, Linda Henigin gave a moving Stewardship Testimonial and Possum and friends retold one of the Buddhist Jataka Tales. UUCPA-specific excerpts from the service, including Linda’s testimonial and Possum and friends story have been published on YouTube:
What if to “side with love” meant making bold, faith-full choices? What if it were even a little bit scary? This worship service brings together worship leaders and musicians from across the country to offer hopeful, moving, challenging reminders about what we, as Unitarian Universalists, are called to do, and BE, in the world.
Follow along in the order of service: bit.ly/uucpa_oos_20210221a
- Everette Thompson (he/him) serves as Campaign Manager for Side With Love.
- Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray (she/her) is President of the Unitarian Universalist Association.
- Dr. Takiyah Nur Amin (she/her) has been a member of the Black Lives of UU
Organizing Collective Board since 2016.
- Dr. Tuli Patel (she/her) is the Executive Director and the lead for the Lifespan Ministry team at Beacon Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Summit, NJ.
- Rev. Michael Crumpler (he/him) serves as the LGBTQ and Multicultural
Programs Director of the Unitarian Universalist Association.
- Julica Hermann de la Fuente (she/her) serves as the Director of Anti-Racism
and Anti-Oppression Ministries at the First Universalist Church of Minneapolis, and is currently completing her path toward ordination.
- Laura Conkle (they/them) is a lay leader who serves Unitarian Universalism at the local, regional, and national levels.
- Rev. Erika Hewitt (she/her), the coordinator and liturgist for this service, serves as Minister of Worship Arts for the Unitarian Universalist Association.
- David B. Smith (he/him) serves as Executive Director of Worship at All Souls
Unitarian Church in Tulsa, OK.
- Rick Fortner is Director of Music at All Souls Unitarian Church in Tulsa, OK.
- Adam Podd is Music Director and choral conductor at First Unitarian Church in Brooklyn, NY.