Hello Everyone – Heart and Home is delaying their arrival at UUCPA until Sunday March 19, with caution about our current plumbing challenges. Big thanks to First Presbyterian for letting Heart and Home stay for 2 extra weeks!
But – Heart and Home needs some dinners – starting soon!
Through March 18, those dinners need to be delivered to First Presbyterian Church at 1140 Cowper St, Palo Alto, CA 94301. After March 18, the dinners can be delivered to UUCPA.
There is a parking lot off of Lincoln, or it also seems easy to park on Cowper in front of the church, and bring your dinner into the middle of campus to the social hall where Heart and Home is staying.
Here is the link to see open dates to bring a meal – and also other ways to help like doing laundry. This Friday and Saturday dinners are open! Deliver a hot dinner for 10 at 6:15. Menu suggestions at end of this email.
Thanks for helping Heart and Home!
– Edie Keating
Menu Suggestions from Heart and Home:
Past meals that have been popular:
- Fried chicken
- Chinese food – take out ok! / chicken stir fry, white or brown rice no beef broccoli
- Chili – perhaps with mix ins / toppings for different diet choices?
- cheeseburger and tater tots
- Pizza! cheese or hawaiian or meat, no pepperoni
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Tacos – not too spicy
- Salad! No need to bring new bottles of salad dressing – we have many bottles on-site.
- Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy
- Beef stroganoff and noodles
- Sheet pan chicken thighs and vegetables
- Baked potato bar! – sour cream and bacon, cheese
- Ham dinner
Ingredient comments –
- Fyi – 4 people do not eat pork.
- Fyi – no strict vegetarians at present.
Last , please send a simple note if your meal has any of these ingredients.
- Tabasco or similar
- White flour
- Bell pepper