Peace, Justice, and Sustainability
Unitarian Universalism is a justice-centered religion. We continue our tradition of conscience and action guided by our Action Council.
UUCPA Action Council
- The mission of the UUCPA Action Council is to empower the congregation to take action for social and environmental justice in the larger community, in accordance with our Unitarian Universalist principles and our congregational commitment to transforming ourselves, each other, and the world.
- We have been affirmed as a Welcoming Congregation by the UUA.
- UUCPA is accredited by the UUA as a Green Sanctuary Congregation.
Each month the Church supports a Justice Partner by donating one offering per month of non-pledge offerings at the Sunday services. Justice Partners are proposed for each year via the Action Council and approved by the Congregation at each year’s Annual Meeting in April.
This Month’s Justice Partner
The Justice Partner for April is Community Health Awareness Council
The Community Health Awareness Council (CHAC) provides mental health services for schools and families in Mountain View, Sunnyvale and Los Altos. In addition to in-school services, they have therapists available for families and children in both English and Spanish. They are currently in the process of building out more comprehensive training to work with the LGBTQ+ youth in the community as well.
- April 2021 Justice Partner – Community Health Awareness Council
- Justice Partner Ada’s Cafe gets some great press!
- New Proposed Slate of Justice Partners for 2021-22
- Nominations Open for 2021-2022 Justice Partners (due Mar 6)
- Safe Parking program moves to the next stage
- A thank you from June 2020 Justice Partner, IM4HI