After months of careful work, UUCPA’s Mission Task Force is delighted to propose the following text as UUCPA’s new Mission Statement, subject to vote by the congregation.
our different paths entwined,
to deepen our spiritual lives:
learning from each other,
caring for each other,
tending to our world.
We believe the Mission Statement above:
- Tells the story of why UUCPA exists in the world;
- Can be recited easily during Sunday Services; and
- Will serve us well in church publicity.
The Mission Statement was written by UUCPA’s Mission Task Force and draws on insights and perspectives from across the congregation. (Altogether 116 people completed our congregational survey last fall, and we convened conversations with 79 members of the UUCPA community, including 14 children and youth.) UUCPA’s Board of Trustees, Committee On Ministry, and ministers all responded to the Mission Statement with great enthusiasm when the Task Force presented it to them in late March.
Here’s what comes next:
- During the next two weeks, take some time to reflect on these words and read them aloud. How do these words resonate with you? What feelings do they inspire? What promises do they make about how and why we gather?
- The congregation will hold an up-or-down vote on whether to adopt this new Mission Statement, as written, at our Annual Meeting on April 23. Be sure to attend and vote!
Learn more about the process through which the Task Force developed the Mission Statement here: https://www.uucpa.org/whats-happening/mission-task-force/