Voting by proxy or by absentee ballot at UUCPA Congregational Meetings
Members who cannot be present for the vote at a congregational meeting may submit an absentee ballot or name a proxy who may cast their vote depending on the options announced for the particular meeting. Absentee ballots and proxies should be delivered to the church office or the Secretary. Please deliver proxies and absentee ballots as early as possible, and by April 20, 2021 at the latest
at least 15 minutes before the meeting begins.
If both options are available, you can vote by absentee ballot or by proxy, but not both.
- Any eligible voting member may cast a vote by absentee ballot for (a) any positions nominated by the Nominating Committee and (b) any resolution that is not subject to amendment at the meeting at which the vote is to be taken.
- An Absentee Ballot can be printed from the church web site or obtained at the office after the nomination process has closed.
- Record your vote on the ballot. To preserve anonymity, do not put your name on the ballot.
- Return the ballot in a sealed envelope. Sign the envelope and also print your name on the envelope. (The signature is your authentication and the printed version allows us to read your name.)
- A proxy must be submitted in writing before the start of the meeting. The proxy statement must contain: the name of the granting member, the name of the exercising member, identification of the meeting for which the proxy is granted, a statement that it is authority to vote on the granter’s behalf, and the signature of the granting member. A form for naming a proxy can be printed or obtained at the office.
- Proxies may not be conditional or limited in scope
- No member may exercise more than one proxy.
- A proxy may only be revoked in person at the meeting, or in writing prior to the beginning of the meeting. A proxy cannot be revoked once the meeting has been called to order.
- If the Secretary finds irregularities in a proxy designation, e.g. if two different members appear to hold proxies for the same member, then the Secretary may require that the proxy not be exercised.
Proxy Form: The proxy form can be found here