How to Make an Announcement
Any events sponsored by UUCPA may be announced in multiple ways: on the website, in the newsletter the Bulletin, in the order of service, on our Meetup and Facebook pages, on our Twitter feed, from the pulpit on Sunday morning, and on various sites that are not explicitly connected to UUCPA, such as Palo Alto Online and the Peace and Justice Center Community Calendar. In the past, to reach most of these listing, you have had to send your announcement to multiple email addresses.
Single Step Process
Now, you may publicize your event in a simple, one-stop way, by sending the information on the Publicity Form to email@example.com. Our office administrative assistant, Debra Heinz, receives these forms and can assist you if you have questions. She is also the person who should be informed if any of your information changes, so that she can send corrections. Changes and Cancellations Form When you use the on-line form, “Submit” will send it to Debra directly.
Some useful things to know:
The Bulletin (newsletter) deadline is noon on the Sunday before the Friday it comes out. Since the Bulletin comes out on alternate weeks or every three weeks in the summer, check the most recent edition to find out the upcoming deadlines. And to make sure you know what’s going on at UUCPA in time to get to all the activities you love most, please read the Bulletin (if you didn’t opt for the paper version, you’ll be notified of new Bulletins by e-mail) and the order of service. The Bulletin is displayed on the web site.
The Web Site
- All announcements sent to the Bulletin will be displayed on the web site.
- Announcements will be displayed or linked to the Events or the News page.
- No personal email or telephone numbers will be posted on announcements.
If you don’t have a firstname.lastname@example.org address, Debra will see that one is created for you. How to get an @uucpa.org address.
- The photo policies are printed on the publicity form. Photos that comply with the policies will be published.
- Use of the text as submitted or use of the photograph or graphic is at the discretion of the Web Manager. You are promising us that you wrote this yourself, or copied it from a public domain or similar free resource. DO NOT SUBMIT COPYRIGHTED WORK WITHOUT PERMISSION!
- The Web site is updated weekly.
Use the One Stop process or email the Web Manager.
Pulpit Announcements (Sunday morning)
In order to keep the Sunday service from beginning with too many minutes of community announcements, causing eyes to glaze over and services to run late, several years ago the Sunday Morning Committee wisely set the limit at three spoken announcements. If there are more than three requests, priority goes to announcements that concern UUCPA activities, UUCPA fundraising, and/or social justice. They are each one sentence long.