Each year in November, the church auctions goods and services at a wonderful party with live music, dancing, food (heavy hors d’oeuvres, balloon lady, live auction for the kids, silent and live auction for everyone!)
The UUCPA auction is seeking your donated items! This auction is made possible by the donations of our members. Please start thinking about what you’d like to offer – a party, a lunch, a dinner, an outing, a service, something delicious to eat, something handmade, art, or anything else you can think of. You can offer something by yourself, or with friends, or with an organized group (e.g. Choir, Chalice Circle, Committee, Board of Trustees).
We’re also seeking items from local vendors. Have any favorite local businesses that you think would make great donors for our auction? Afraid of doing the door-knocking yourself? We get you! Give us your recommendations here (https://forms.gle/oJFpMDCva2ok5PTg6) and the auction team will reach out!
You can see the auction catalog online at our auction website: auctria.events/uucpa2023auction.
The catalog will not be printed.
The auction has 2 types of items to bid on:
- Silent Auction Items
- bid on silent auction items online via computer or mobile device here: auctria.events/uucpa2023auction
- you do not need to attend the auction in-person to bid on these items
- online & mobile bidding open: October 30 @ 11 pm through November 4 @ 7:30 pm.
- Live Auction Items
- The live auction items can only be bid on in person during the live portion of the auction on November 4 at UUCPA. The party begins at 5:30 pm with food, live music, balloon lady, and more. The live auction begins later in the evening, ~7:30 pm.
How to bid
- Visit the auction site: auctria.events/uucpa2023auction.
- Go to the catalog menu and browse items. Items available for bidding will have a “Bid Now” button.
- Click/tap on the Bid Now button to bid.
- When you make your first bid, you will need to register as a bidder. Enter your name, email address, phone number, and address (optional) to register as a bidder. You will get a confirmation email to confirm your account.
- Bid on as many items as you would like.
- Use the “Show me” filter to see items you have bid on, items you have been outbid on, items you have won, and items by any category.
- When the auction closes, go to your “My Account” page to see which items you have won.
- Pay directly on that page via credit card (or indicate that you will pay by check)
- Enter a checkout note to declare if you prefer to arrange with the seller for pick up or if you’d prefer to pick your items up at UUCPA
- If you pay via check, please mail your check to UUCPA c/o Auction
Bidding does require you to register your email address with our auction service provider, Auctria. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help.
Yes, we need volunteers. Please contact email@example.com if you have ideas or even enthusiasm and a few hours to share with us.
October 30: 11 pm – Online bidding begins
November 4, In-person auction at UUCPA:
- 5:30 pm: Silent Auction Bidding, Heavy Hors d’oeuvres, Child care, Balloon Hats, Live Music, and more!
- 6:45 pm: Desserts
- ~7:00 pm: Live Auction for Kids
- 7:30 pm: Silent Auction ends
- ~7:30 pm: Live Auction in the Main Hall
Post-Auction Item Pickup
Most items can be picked up directly after the auction ends (sometime around 9/9:30 p.m. on November 4). Items can also be picked up on the morning of November 5. After that, pickup can be arranged by contacting the auction via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We prefer that you use credit cards to pay for your auction items, but will accept checks mailed to the office if needed.
Paying online via credit card
To pay online, go to the auction website: https://auctria.events/uucpa2023auction and log in with your bidder credentials. Go to the My Account link at the upper right corner and follow the steps to make a payment online.
Paying by cash or check
If you want to pay via check, please mail your check to UUCPA 505 East Charleston Road, Palo Alto, CA 94306 and write “UUCPA 2023 Auction” in the memo.
To drop off cash or check payment directly, please contact Jeff at email@example.com to arrange for a time to drop off your payment.