- UUCPA Members attend 2019 Silicon Valley Pride Parade
Barbara Smith-Thomas and Karen Skold attended the Silicon Valley Pride Parade and marched with the group from the San Jose UU church. Our banner “Side with Love” is pictured here below the San Jose UU Church banner “Making Love Visible”.
- Summer BBQ Success and a Huge THANK YOU!
On the day of the Summer BBQ, we had a great turn out of volunteers who carted, cooked, managed the serving table and then cleaned up. Not to mention Paul Kostka’s rocket launches for the kids. Thanks to everyone who came through and made the event a success. During the BBQ, I looked over the tables ...
- UUCPA Members Protest Conditions for Immigrants at our Border
UUCPA members at the July 26, 2019 rally to protest conditions for immigrants at our border. This was one day of a three-week-long series of such events at the corner of El Camino and Page Mill Road.
Photos by Jack Owicki and Pro Bono Photo.
- 2019 May Day Celebration
Many enthusiastic weavers took part in the annual celebration of May Day which took place on Sunday, May 5.
- Pledge Drive Update
We have a strong start to our drive! Over $331K was pledged by 87 donors! We’re on our way. Stop by the pledge table in the lobby or email email@example.com to make your pledge.
Read more about the pledge drive here: https://www.uucpa.org/its-time-to-pledge-to-uucpa/.
- Thanks For A Successful Guest At Your Table Program
Congratulations! This year our congregation was able
to raise $488.12. These gifts support the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee’s (UUSC) efforts in programs around the world. So…many thanks to everyone who contributed. Your donation helps UUSC work for social justice worldwide.
- Valentine Bags for Stevenson House
We made lots of goody bags for Stevenson house this morning! Thanks to those who decorated/loaded the bags and to those who helped with the deliveries!
- Treasures Sale Results
The Treasures Sale brought in $550. This was made possible by those who donated and Jeralyn Moran, Donna Aronson, Marilyn Stoddard, Susan Owicki, Hannah Slocum, Erin Fishman, Barbara Symons, Jeff Cashdollar, and Debra Heinz.
— Marilyn Stoddard
- A Rainbow!
On the day of the Senior High Youth Group (SHYG)-led worship services, UUCPA was graced with an impressive rainbow.
- Annual Chalice Sunday Fire Ritual
During our fifth annual Chalice Sunday, we watched our individual small lights become one great blazing altar.
- 2018 Auction – final report A huge thank you to the entire congregation for making the auction a great success – and having a lot of fun doing it as well.
We managed to raise approximately $23,000 for the 2018-2019 budget.
If you donated to the auction last year, you should have received a donor statement via email today. If you have ...
- UU’s at the 2019 Women’s March A group of people from UUCPA marched together at the January 19 San Jose Women’s March, along with a group from the UU Fellowship of Sunnyvale. Carpools to the event were arranged by the Action Council. The weather was gorgeous, the energy high. There was a great variety of signs and messages, and we enjoyed ...
- 2018 Undie Sunday Donations to Life Moves
Our December 2018 Undie Sunday program collected 130 pairs of socks and undies and $625 in cash that we were able to donate to Life Moves.
- Merry Christmas from UUCPA! Elaine and her dog Muffy were festive in matching red sweaters as they greeted attendees on Sunday.
- Holiday Bazaar Recap Thank you to all who shopped at our third Holiday Bazaar and Bake Sale. W raised over $400 in less than two hours. A huge “Thank you!” to Chris Corvetti for her generous contribution of beautifully packaged breads, cookies, bonbons, and not-to-be-forgotten reindeer poop. You really made the day! I couldn’t have done it without ...
- Results of the October 14, 2018 Special Congregational Meeting There was a special meeting of the congregation on October 14 after the 11:00 am service to vote on the possibility of changing our name. There had been several Town Hall meetings prior to the congregational meeting to discuss various potential names.
There were 100 voting members represented at the meeting: 72 in person and 28 ...
- Thanks to all who helped with the solar canopy! Four years, four sometimes long, frustrating years, it has taken to enable a developer to build a solar canopy over the parking lot that produces electricity sold to the City of Palo Alto under an arrangement known as a feed-in tariff. Few believed it would be easy to transition to renewable energy sources, and this ...
- “Treasure” Or A Great Bargain.
The highly anticipated return of the yard sale brought in $3,207.75
and $694.00 for the book sale.
None of this would have been possible without the many generous
people who donated items to sell, and to those who generously do-
nated their time to help unpack, organize and price the items, help
with customer service on both sale days, and ...
- June 2018 Banner use Notification
On June 30, after approval from the Action Council and a four-day comment period for the congregation, the UUCPA banner was proudly carried by Bill Hilton and Robert Byrom at the Mountain View Families Together rally. The rally was one of many held nationwide in response to the separation of children from their parents on ...
- UUCPA at the Families Belong Together March in Mountain View UUCPA at the Families Belong Together March in Mountain View, CA on June 30, 2018. Although not pictured, many UUCPA families were there!
- Reflection on the 2018 General Assembly – Bill Hilton
Along with Marilyn Austin, I attended the UUA General Assembly as your delegate (thank you for the opportunity) last weekend via the web. It involved a lot of listening and relatively little contributing, thought the interactions worked surprisingly well given the technical challenges. Approximately 150 delegates attended GA online; they joined 1000 in-person delegates. Three ...
- June 2018 Endorsement Notification This past week UUCPA signed on as an endorser of a “No Muslim Ban Ever” event to be held on the day the Supreme Court releases its decision on the administration’s current travel ban on the following seven countries: Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Yemen, Chad, North Korea, Venezuela. The event will either be a celebration if the ...
- Ecojustice Camp at UUCPA – Summer 2018 Summer Ecojustice Camp was held at UUCPA June 11-15, 2018. Children and youth in grades TK through grade 8 participated
Our youngest group of campers, the Sea Otters (TK through grade 1)….
Explored native plants with With Nancy Neff, native plant expert, and older campers.
Made daily field trips to Mitchell Park.
Investigated all things trees with Kris Geering on ...
- Coming of Age May 20, 2018 May 20th’s Coming of Age service overflowed with promise and possibility–so many profound thoughts from these terrific young people! Abundant thanks to everyone at UUCPA who has touched their lives, from infant care to this year’s mentors. We promise to support families and be the village that will help them to raise children into responsible, ...
- UUCPA Flower Communion 2018 Jack Owicki shared his thoughts on UUCPA’s May 13, 2018 Flower Communion Service:
Between the wars, Norbert Capek, brother of playwright Karel Capek of R.U.R. fame, was the minister of a large Unitarian church in Prague.
Seeking a ritual that was not based on Christian or Jewish tradition, he instituted what he called a Flower Ceremony: Each ...
- UUCPA EcoJustice Quilt Cyanotype quilt squares by children in the 2017 Ecology Experiments program. Sewn by Josie Jewett
- UUCPA Community Quilt Quilt squares painted by UUCPA members and friends in 2018. Sewn by Kathy Swartz and Tessa Swartz
- UUCPA Annual Meeting 2018
On April 29, the UUCPA Annual Meeting of the Congregation was held. During this meeting, the following people were elected to their respective positions:
Board of Trustees:
Joe Bailey, 2-year term
Jim Basiji, 3-year term
Jeb Eddy, 3-year term
Mark Erickson, 3-year term
John Kostka, 1-year term
Geoff Ivison, 2-year term
Delegates to UUA General Assembly:
The congregation also approved the ...
- UUCPA Maypole Dance 2018
- UUCPA All Community Dance 2018
- UUCPA Community Minister Reception
- UUCPA Easter Egg Hunt 2018