If you are 70 1/2 or older and have an IRA, you are required to take a minimum distribution from your IRA each year, and the distribution is taxable. Good news: you can instruct your IRA administrator to make a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) directly to UUCPA from your IRA. The QCD counts toward the required minimum distribution and is not taxable. 
The donation must go directly from the IRA to UUCPA. If you withdraw the money and then give it to UUCPA, the income is still taxable, although it may be claimed as an itemized deduction. The QCD option may be especially attractive if you no longer itemize deductions. If you have any questions, ask a member of the Finance Committee. (Standard disclaimer: consult your financial or tax advisor.)