Congregants join and work together on many committees and ministries. There are opportunities for you to develop your gifts, make friends, and serve our community. Talk to Rev. Amy about your gifts and passions and how they might help UUCPA thrive, and we’ll find the right match for you!
Here are the committees and their contact information. Contact info for other types of groups can be found here.
- Action Council – Empowers the congregation to act for social and environmental change. It solicits applications for and supports and publicizes the work of, task forces that carry out justice work on specific issues. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Chair and Board Liaison: Kristi Iverson.
- Adult Religious Education Committee – Offers classes for adults of all ages throughout the year. Contact: email@example.com. Chair: Kay Brown. Board Liaison: Lorraine Kostka.
- Aesthetics Committee – Reviews and approves all changes to the appearance of the buildings, inside or out, including, with some exceptions, all art displayed inside or outside. This is a subcommittee of the Buildings and Grounds Committee. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Chair: Lynn Grant.
- Archive and Library Committee – Maintains the UUCPA historical archive files and the Hamaker library. Contact: email@example.com. Chair: Harry Wachob. Board Liaison: Dan Harper.
- Audit Committee – Audits the church financial records annually. An independent committee, appointed by the Board of Trustees. This committee is currently inactive.
- Audio Committee – Operates the audio system for Sunday morning services and for other special events, upon request. This is a subcommittee of the Buildings and Grounds Committee. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Chair: Maribea Berry.
- Bookstore Committee – Coordinates books donated to the UU Used Bookroom for sale on Sunday mornings. This is a subcommittee of the Finance Committee. Contact: email@example.com. Chair: Marilyn Stoddard.
- Buildings and Grounds Committee – Coordinates maintenance, repairs and physical upgrades to provide a safe, welcoming, sustainable environment for the UUCPA community. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Chair: David Chen. Board Liaison: Lorraine Kostka. Group forum page.
- Caring Network – Works with Revs. Amy Zucker Morgenstern and Dan Harper to meet the pastoral care needs at UUCPA, including pastoral calling/visits, Get Better Bistro coordination, rides to church, memorial coordination. Contact: email@example.com. Lead and Board Liaison: Rev. Amy Zucker Morgenstern.
- Children and Youth Religious Education Committee – Oversees and evaluates all children and youth programs; plans and carries out special events; organizes Baby Cafe; supports social justice projects that welcome children and youth; more generally, helps the wider congregation better meet the needs of families, children, and youth. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Chair: Edie Keating. Board Liaison: John Kostka.
- Committee on Ministry – Supports and monitors the health of the total ministry of the church, which involves the integrated work of clergy, staff, and laity. More info. Contact: email@example.com. Chair: Maricia Scott. This committee is independent of the board and does not have a board liaison.
- Communications Committee – Supports and develops communications channels to ensure the church’s offering (ministry, programs, committees, events, people, etc.) are known to church attendees and the greater community. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Acting Chair: Heather Chen. Board Liaison: Thida Cornes.
- Computer and Telecommunications Committee – Advises the church on the acquisition, operation, and maintenance of computers, printers, telecommunications, and related systems. This is a subcommittee of the Buildings and Grounds Committee. Contact: email@example.com. Chair: Michael Plass.
- Conflict Resolution Committee – Assists community members to resolve conflicts. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Lead: Susan Owicki. This committee is independent of the board and does not have a board liaison.
- Finance Committee – Provides oversight and review of accounting and financial reporting, insurance coverage, annual operating budget, and financial planning. Coordinates the work of other committees in the areas of finance. Contact: email@example.com. Chair and Board Liaison: Kevin Crane.
- Green Sanctuary Committee – Raises awareness about sustainability issues and advocates for change that makes a difference. More info. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Chairs: Jeralyn Moran, Justine Burt, Jeb Eddy, Sven Thesen. Board Liaison: Kristi Iverson.
- Landscape Committee – Plans, plants, and maintains the church landscaping. This is a subcommittee of the Buildings and Grounds Committee. Contact: email@example.com. Chair: Nancy Neff.
- Membership and Growth Committee – Strives to make the church more visible in the community; welcomes and integrates new members; encourages the present membership to affirm their commitment to being Unitarian Universalists and tell their friends about the church. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Chair: Pamela Schure. Board Liaison: Jim Basiji.
- Music Committee – Supports the UUCPA Music Director in providing high-quality music and transformative musical experiences for the congregation; organizes special music at Sunday worship services; supports the Adult Choir in Sunday worship services; organizes and sponsors selected music events at church. Contact: email@example.com. Chairs: Mayo Tsuzuki, Judy Lookabill. Board Liaison: Amy Zucker Morgenstern.
- Nominating Committee – Finds candidates for election to the Board of Trustees, Nominating Committee, and Ministerial Search Committee (when needed). Elected by the congregation. More info. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Chair: Castor Fu. This committee is independent of the board and does not have a board liaison.
- Planned Giving Committee – Develops policy and materials on planned giving. Through publicity and personal contact, this committee encourages persons to plan for major gifts to UUCPA. Contact: email@example.com. Chair: Kevin Crane.
- Stewardship Committee – Coordinates annual member canvass each spring to obtain financial pledges that support church operations and activities. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Chairs: Brooke Bishara, David Chen. Board Liaison: Kevin Crane.
- Ushering Committee – Welcomes friends, members, and visitors to Sunday services, handing out programs and collecting offerings. They also serve at some special events. Contact: email@example.com. Chari: Michael Plass. Board Liaison: Amy Zucker Morgenstern.
- Web Committee – Maintains and updates the website, uucpa.org. This is a subcommittee of the Buildings and Grounds Committee. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Chair: Heather Chen.
- Welcoming Congregation Committee – Coordinates activities at church to create a welcoming space for LGBTQ people. Contact: email@example.com. Lead: Susan Owicki. Board Liaison: Kristi Iverson.
- Worship Associates – Trained co-leaders of Sunday services who apply annually, work with the ministers and guest speakers and host the service on behalf of UUCPA when a guest is in the pulpit. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Lead and Board Liaison: Amy Zucker Morgenstern.