Your liberal religious home
Are you looking for a community where:
- People affirm the integrity of each person’s spiritual journey?
- Members work towards a fair and just society?
- You can join a supportive community for all ages?
- Your beliefs and doubts about life’s big questions are welcome?
If this sounds like a congregation for you, be our guest this Sunday at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Palo Alto.
Located on Charleston Road, UUCPA has Sunday services at 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Sunday school for children and youth is held during the 9:30 a.m. service only. There is child care and play space at both services, and
religious education classes for people of all ages throughout the week.
- Joining us for worship? Learn about what to expect in our thought-provoking and beautiful worship services.
- Interested in our programs for children and youth? Explore our transformative workshops and groups, nursery through high school.
- Wanting to find community? Check out our events listing and connections pages to find ways to connect.
As you explore our website and learn about our location, feel free to contact us with your questions. We look forward to meeting you and helping you find what you need.
Events for Newcomers
Newcomers’ Lunches and Discovering UUCPA alternate, so that every month you have an opportunity for an introduction. We encourage you to come to both, and both are designed to be drop-in–no registration required. For more information on either one, contact the church office at 650-494-0541 or email@example.com.
When: After a second service (at 12:15 p.m.) every other month, usually on the third Sunday
Where: Fireside Room
Led by: Pamela Schure, Membership & Growth Committee chair
Are you a newcomer to UUCPA? If so, please come to this pizza and salad lunch. All newcomers are invited to enjoy a free lunch and friendly conversation. (UUCPA members, sorry, this one isn’t for you; we’ll see you at the 2nd Sunday Lunches and 4th Sunday Brunches.)
Upcoming Newcomers’ Lunches:
When: Second Sundays every other month from 1-2pm
Where: Usually Room A, but please check the calendar
Led by: Rev. Amy Zucker Morgenstern, Parish Minister
Are you a “new UU”? Considering it? Or well-acquainted with Unitarian Universalism, but new to UUCPA? This class is offered once every other month from 1 to 2 p.m. to answer your questions and help you find your place in the life of the congregation.
Each session is on a second Sunday to enable you to begin with Second Sunday lunch, maybe even try out some of your questions there, and then join us for the class at 1:00. Child care is available in Rooms 2/3.
* share the spiritual explorations that have brought us to this point;
* get to know other newcomers and the parish minister;
* learn how Unitarian Universalism and this congregation came to be;
* get a tour of the nooks and crannies of the UUCPA campus; and
* ask every question that’s on our minds–and even get the answers.
Upcoming Discovering UUCPA classes
What Folks Say About UUCPA
- I love being part of this community — there is so much ability here, and so much sharing. Read more
- I found several things at UUCPA: connections between people who obviously cared about each other (many for decades), moments of peace and contemplation without judgment, stimulation of new ideas and different perspectives, joy at the gifts we give and receive, and hope for a better world and a better tomorrow. Read more